ADSM-L

serious ADSM/HSM problems

1997-11-05 05:20:37
Subject: serious ADSM/HSM problems
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:20:37 +0100
We have serious problems with ADSM/HSM on our SP2. Since a couple of
days our system hangs after recalling a couple of migrated files and
it seems it has something to do with (dead)locking nfs-filesystems on
which these recallprocesses are running. This blows up our fileservers
and after a while our whole SP2.

Our problem looks rather familiar with APAR IC15268 / PMR 24380 which
is announced two month ago. There is still no fix available.

My question is: does the site who came up with this problem has some
workaround so our machine keeps alive without disabling HSM?

(AIX 4.1.4, server 2.1.0.13, clients 2.1.0.7)

Thanks in advance,
Henk ten Have     SARA, Academic Computing Services Amsterdam

Btw: IBM is working on our problem.