ADSM-L

PRESCHED and POSTSCHED on Novell Client

1997-11-04 10:06:05
Subject: PRESCHED and POSTSCHED on Novell Client
From: Scott Temonia <Scott.Temonia AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:06:05 -0600
I am running a btrieve database on a 3.12 Novell server and I need to bring
the btrieve engine down before my backup starts.  I've added a
PRESCHEDULECMD to my dsm.opt file on the Novell server to run BSTOP to stop
the btrieve engine.  I've also added a POSTSCHEDULECMD to run BSTART to
bring the databases back up after the backup has completed.   The problem
that I'm having is that the PRE and POST commands don't work.  I do get
verification in my logs that the command ran but it doesn't do anything.
The information in my log file is as follows

10/29/1997 01:01:53  Executing Operating System command or script:
sys:system/bstop.ncf
10/29/1997 01:01:53 Finished command.  Return code is: -1
There is no indication that the command actually does bring the engine down
 and I can still access the database during backups which means that
the command did not run properly and that I'm not getting backups of my
database.

Has anyone ever used PRE and POST schedule commands on a Novell server, and
 what have the results been.

Thanks
Scott Temonia
Laitram Corporation