ADSM-L

Re: our First DR test (Long)

1997-11-04 07:34:41
Subject: Re: our First DR test (Long)
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 12:34:41 GMT
[...]
>I reloaded the /ADSM directory on Jesse James but for some reason ADSM
>thought it was corrupted
>Then for the Next 6 hours we tried to get ADSM to recognize the 3590 tape
>with the DB on it. finally we
> figured out I needed a new copy of the ATAPE driver. So we tried to get   it
> off the Internet and IBM ftp servers.
>They were all down.
>another hour went by and someone at Sterling Forest found a copy in his   desk
>drawer. it wasn't the most current
>but it was ok. We loaded that and still ADSM could not "See" the 3590   tape
>drive. Our IBM Recovery service rep was
>examining other similar cases and she noticed that one group had done it   by
>making the 3590 drive a manual device.
>So we tried that and hooray it sucked in the db and started restoring   itself.
[...]

I think i saw that situation once. It happens that the 3590 was
misconfigured. There is an option somewere on the 3590 that set it to work
either as a B01 or B11. If it's configured as B01 ADSM won't recognise it. I
think it was something like that.

You can check how it's configured on AIX using lscfg -v

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,