ADSM-L

DDS-2 tape with corrupt label

1997-10-30 04:34:24
Subject: DDS-2 tape with corrupt label
From: "Rahmlow, Thomas" <t.rahmlow AT TU-HARBURG DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:34:24 +0100
Hello everyone!
While restoring some backupdata from a DDS-2 tape under ADSM for
Solaris I had a major problem with accessing the data. It seems like
the label on that tape seems be be corrupt. Needless to say that ADSM
is not able to access any more data without mounting.
Is there any chance to get to the files on that tape ?
No, we don't have a copypool, of course :-(
(rewriting the label ? overreading the label ? some other way of reading
the data ?)
I'm desperate for any ideas...

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

--
Thomas Rahmlow, AB Softwaresysteme(STS)   t.rahmlow AT tu-harburg DOT de
Thomas Rahmlow, AB Softwaresysteme(STS)   t.rahmlow AT tu-harburg DOT de