ADSM-L

Restore files on Netware

2015-10-04 18:04:42
Subject: Restore files on Netware
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 10/27/97 9:21PM
You didn't mention which level of the client you were running, but we
encountered the same problem - it is documented in IC13838.  The problem is
even more specific in that - we found that the restore of the read only file
would work if the restore was coming from a diskpool, but would fail if
coming from a tape pool.  The fix is contained in the level 5 client code.

BTW, this is not only a NetWare bug - we were able to recreate the problem
using the OS/2 command line client as well.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    10/27/97 9:21 PM

   When restoring files from ADSM 2.1.5.12 running on AIX
   4.1.4.0 to a Netware client running 3.12 we find that ADSM
   cannot restore files that already exist and have the read
   only attribute set on the Netware client.  We are using
   the Netware supervisor ID and Password when we do the
   restore.  We get message "ANS4104E Write access
   denied...".  Is this how it is supposed to work?  If so,
   does this then mean that to restore files that already
   exist and have the read only attribute set you either have
   to delete the existing file on the client or remove its
   read only attribute before you attempt the ADSM restore?

   john.schuch AT advocatehealth DOT com