ADSM-L

ADSM restarting

1997-10-27 10:48:26
Subject: ADSM restarting
From: Dave Sanders <dsanders AT MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:48:26 -0500
I had some problems today that necessitated recycling ADSM.  My reclamation
threshold was such that there is some activity reclaiming some carts.  My
question is:

When you restart ADSM, shouldn't all of the functions be functional before
some of the maintenance processing "takes over"??
As soon as my backup storage pool got varied online, the reclamation
started.  50 minutes later, the message "ADSM server initialization
complete" is received.  Then "ANR5090I TCP/IP driver ready for connection
with clients on port" becomes active.  It seems to me that the reclamation
process should be "in hold" so that ADSM can focus on getting service
restored??  Am I right or is there something that I should have done
differenlty?????