ADSM-L

Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Historical Backups

1997-10-24 14:26:11
Subject: Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Historical Backups
From: Wayne Merchant <Wayne_Merchant/FALLSCHURCH/VBHNotes AT VBH DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:26:11 -0400
We are required to maintain historical information for numerous entities
and reasons. We also need this to be stored off site.

We have been trying to get a month end " snapshot" of our data to no avail.
ADSM support has advised us to do an archive.
The first time run we captured 300gb. After our second monthly archive was
only 150gb, support indicated the archives were probably incrementals and
suggested we run an export node. They also advised us that we could only
run this once a month. We have tried to complete an export node several
times only to have some problem occur that failed the job. (System crashes,
and loss of power and such.)

It would seem reasonable that backup requirements and processes that have
occured for decades should be easily handled by ADSM.

Is anyone generating these types of backups for historical off site
storage??

Wayne