ADSM-L

Re: PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE - problem

1997-10-22 10:58:17
Subject: Re: PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE - problem
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 10:58:17 -0400
This is not a limitation. When you put NODENAME in a UNIX dsm.opt file (or if
you specify it on the command line, i.e. "dsmc -nodename=whatever"), you are
indicating that you are a "virtual root user". You should be prompted for the
password. If you know the password, then you will have access to all of that
node's versions. This is documented in "Using the UNIX Backup-Archive Clients"
in the reference section describing the NODENAME option.

If NODENAME is set in dsm.sys, you won't get a password prompt and you won't be
a virtual root user. This is a way of over-riding the default nodename, which
is the machine name. If NODENAME is in dsm.opt, then you should be getting a
password prompt.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support

        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU