ADSM-L

Re: PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE - problem

1997-10-22 09:35:05
Subject: Re: PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE - problem
From: "Mark J. Cecil" <mjc AT WAYLOO.TCS.TULANE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 08:35:05 -0500
> > Do you have the NODENAME option set?  If you "override" the nodename
> > then passwordaccess generate is ignored.
>
> Bingo ! Thanks, Keith .
>
>         Yes I do have the nodename option set, thus overriding the
> default hostname (which for various reasons is the host's FQDN).
>
> Now - is this a known limitation (if so why ?) or is it plain bug ..?

Either this is wrong or my system is broken...  I have Nodename set for
EVERY machine on the network, and Generate works fine for all AIX clients.

I have gotten the described password problem, though when my root filesystem
has filled up, and there is nowhere to write the next encrypted password...

Next time you get the problem, do a df and take a look at your root FS.

Mark

--
============== See me at http://www.Tulane.EDU/~mjc ======================
============== See me at http://www.Tulane.EDU/~mjc ======================