ADSM-L

Re: NT Service and Logical Drives

1997-10-21 13:58:22
Subject: Re: NT Service and Logical Drives
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 12:58:22 -0500
Betsy,

 This is an unusual problem.  I had a similar experience that a scheduled
command would not recognize a drive but I could run a DSMC INC G: and it
would work.  I do not believe this has anything to do with the ID used to
install the product.  When a service runs, it uses a specific ID to run
under.  The default is the SYSTEM ID which has sufficient authorization.  I
would suggest that you try the following.

1) Make certain that F: and G: are local to the machine.  If they are not
local then you may have to take certain steps to get access to them prior
to backing them up.

2) Put domain all-local in the DSM.OPT and try a scheduled backup.  Does it
recognize F: and G:?

3) IF the drives are local and the ADSM scheduler fails to access them,
attempt an uninstall and re-install of ADSM.

If this still does not work, let us know.  The drives may have a problem.

Good luck,
  Dan T.