ADSM-L

Re: Directory names with embedded spaces on NT (ATT: Andrew

1997-10-20 23:33:26
Subject: Re: Directory names with embedded spaces on NT (ATT: Andrew
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:33:26 +1000
Trevor Foley@BT_AUSTRALIA
21/10/97 01:33 PM

Hi,

> However, if the file space name has a space in it, i.e. "My Vol", then
this
> won't work. For file spaces that have all upper-case letters *and* have a
space
> in the name, i.e. "MY VOL", you can do this:
>    QUERY BACKUP "{MY VOL}\*" -SUBDIR=YES
> But this won't work if the file space name has lower-case letters *and* a
space
> in the name, due to IC13818. Using quotes both within and without the
curly
> braces doesn't work, either. The only work-around that comes to mind is
to:
We actually have a slight variance on this. We have filespace names that
are lowercase so we need to do the
{"filespacename"} thing, but also have directory names with spaces in them.
It appears that there is no solution to
this.

So, what I am planning to do is rename all of our filespaces so that they
are all uppercase. Then we will be able to
issue commands like:

     restore "{ntsystem}\program files\*.* -subdir=yes"

regards,

Trevor