ADSM-L

Volume not defined

1997-10-20 15:16:00
Subject: Volume not defined
From: "Gould, Alicia J CPCT" <Alicia.Gould AT CIGNA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:16:00 -0400
I have two questions -

1) We are running ADSM on Windows NT 4.0 with a STK 9714 silo that holds
our tapes.  When I do a Q Libvol several tapes in the silo show the
status as private, last use as blank.  These have all been back and
forth to the offsite facility.  I want to change the access on these
volumes to read/write to that they can be used as scratch again.  I've
issued the following command:

adsm> Update vol 000005 access=readwrite

I get the following error:  ANR2401E UPDATE VOLUME:  Volume 000013 is
not defined in a storage pool ANS5102i return code 11.

I've looked up this error in the online books, but it just re-iterated
the above message.  I also cannot do a Q Vol 000013 f=d....I get
basically the same message.

Do I need to reformat these tapes to get ADSM to see them as scratch?
This only happened on 4 out of 40 tapes

2) On two occasions I was unable to Update a tape coming back from
offsite - one was a copy pool tape and one was a database backup tape.
I got basically the same error message as shown above in the previous
question.  I  had no problems updating the tapes to show that they were
offsite.

Thanks for your help

Alicia Gould