ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation Process, continued...

1997-10-16 17:37:04
Subject: Re: Reclamation Process, continued...
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio" <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 14:37:04 PDT
My expiration process is not instantaneous.  It runs for about one hour
(at least!) each day.   This certainly adds to reclamation startup delays.

On our VM system we use 4 tape drives, I believe that to be the minimum
tape drives an ADSM system should have.  And suffered a lot of problems
until our MVS system stopped 'borrowing' two of them overnight.
We have 200 users on ADSM.
                           ... joe.f.

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 13:20:20 -0400 David Wilshire said:
>I do need to rephrase  my original question.  It concerns the lag time
>between when inventory expiration ends and a reclamation process
>begins.
>
>I do my expire inventory daily as the beginning of my job stream.  The