ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: WIN95

1997-10-16 14:26:18
Subject: Re: Re[2]: WIN95
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 13:26:18 -0500
Marshael,

 This can be done in several ways.

1) As someone already described, make different dsm.opts and make a bat
file that sets the dsm_config environment variable to a specific dsm.opt
and then starts the admin client you want.

2) In our shop we coded a little VB program that reads a file that contains
the names of all of our servers as well as the tcpport and
tcpserveraddress.  It then makes an icon for the DSMADM, DSMADMC, DSM and
DSMC programs for each server in a window.  The DSMADM or DSMADMC is
started and passed the -tcpport and -tcpserveraddress parameters to make it
connect correctly.  For the DSM or DSMC the users is prompted for nodename
and password and then it is called with the -tcpport, -tcpserveraddress,
-node and -password parms.
I hope this helps,
I hope this helps,
  Dan T.

> From: Morris.Marshael <morris.marshael AT MAIL.MCCG DOT ORG>
> From: Morris.Marshael <morris.marshael AT MAIL.MCCG DOT ORG>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: Re[2]: WIN95
> Date: Thursday, October 16, 1997 9:36 AM
>
> Dan,
>         Sorry for the ambiguity of my question but my question is -
>         I have multiple servers that I which to administrate from my PC.
How