ADSM-L

Re: Launching ADSM from an NT Operator account

1997-10-16 08:18:39
Subject: Re: Launching ADSM from an NT Operator account
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 07:18:39 -0500
Bonnie and Philippe,

  This was cut from BACLIENT.TXT in the baclient subdirectory of an NT adsm
client.  Remember, that this information is for the 32-bit client (2.1.0.5
and above).

   2. Required NT Account User Rights for running ADSM

         The NT account running ADSM must possess the following
         user rights in order to be able to backup the NT registry
         and NTFS files/directories:

            Backup Files
            Restore Files
            Manage Auditing and Security Logs

         Note that the above user rights behave differently on domain
         controllers than on stand alone NT servers/workstations.

         No special user rights are required to backup/restore FAT files.

Good luck,
  Dan T.