ADSM-L

Re: IBM PDM backup of large directory times out

1997-10-15 14:56:33
Subject: Re: IBM PDM backup of large directory times out
From: Naomi van Roosmalen <nvanroosmal AT NBTEL.NB DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 15:56:33 -0300
You may want to break up your directory into multiple subdirectories.
If you have more than 30,000 entries in a directory, ADSM is slowed
down considerably (and in your case even times out). Even doing a
simple ls -la in that directory will take a VERY long time to
come back to you.

Good luck!
Naomi van Roosmalen