ADSM-L

[no subject]

1997-10-10 13:18:41
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:18:41 PDT
Subject:ADSM Exchange Agent questions....

Tim, here are your answers....thanks, Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)

>Hi,
>        I've got a couple of questions about the ADSM Exchange agent I was
>hoping one of the IBM'ers could answer
>
>1) Will it support full, differential, and incremental backups of the
>Exchange databases ?
   Yes, we will interface to the exchange apis which provide full db backup
   and two ways of backing up log files (called incremental and differential)

>2) Will it support 'brick-level' restores of individual Exchange folders
>?
   We will support what the granualarity that the exchange apis provide.
   Currently that does not include granularity smaller than the database.
   We do have contacts in exchange dev and when enhancements are available
   to their api we will need to support them.

>3) Will it support Exchange version 4 and 5 ?
    We will need to support the lastest levels at the time that our agent
    is available.

>4) When will it be available ?  I've heard 1Q98 mentioned.
      We haven't officially announced an availability date, so this doesn't
      represent a formal IBM comittment, but 1Q98 is our target.