ADSM-L

Re: adsm exit

1997-10-10 08:57:05
Subject: Re: adsm exit
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT EXCH1.INDY.TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 07:57:05 -0500
There's information chapter 10 in this manual: ADSM for AIX: Advanced
Topics  (SG24-4601-00).  We started to look at interfacing with Netview
this way, but ended up with a much simpler method.  We have Netview and
ADSM running on the same RS6000SP node so we just have a script that
scans all the messages from a dsmadmc -console session and use the
/usr/OV/bin/ovxbeep program to send a beep and message to the PC the
operators use to manage our SP instead of using Netview alerts.  We do
this for tape mounts and certain error messages.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics