ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Win32 client & no floppy drive

1997-10-09 12:01:12
Subject: Re: ADSM Win32 client & no floppy drive
From: John Groves <jmg AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 11:01:12 -0500
Arian de Wit wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have just set up the latest version of the Win32 ADSM client on a
> couple of Toshiba notebooks that have external floppy drives. When
> the A: drive is not connected, the PC still lists it as a drive in
> Explorer, and the ADSM Backup Client tries to check the drive when it
> starts. This leads to the client locking up for about a minute or two
> before it realises the drive isn't there.
>
> Has anyone found a way around this?

No, but my Toshiba notebook does this as well.  When the floppy is
installed it chatters the floppy for a few seconds while the client
comes up, but not for nearly as long as the system locks up when the
floppy is not installed....

John Groves,    Mail:  jmg AT openmic DOT com
Open Microsystems Inc.   WWW: http://www.openmic.com
505 East Huntland Drive, Suite 450  Voice (512) 450-0900 X150
Austin, TX 78752-3714   Fax     (512) 450-0397
USA