ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Version 3 announce for AIX, NT, and MVS

1997-10-09 09:20:07
Subject: Re: ADSM Version 3 announce for AIX, NT, and MVS
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 09:20:07 EDT
Did anyone get in the 'where is VM?' question during the morning
teleconference yesterday? I listened to the afternoon session and
hit '1' right away, but didn't get called on (call me paranoid, but
they *must* have known...).

What I wanted to ask (and have taped for posterity) was: we are currently
at version 1 (no cracks!), heading toward version 2 and have been
desperately in need of version 3 - ALL ON VM! What can IBM offer me?

We *could* run on another server platform, but VM was the decision
that was made and it has done *very* well for us. I'm afraid that if
IBM fails to deliver on this one, I will be forced to evaluate *all*
the competing applications. Let's face it, the competition is now very
stiff in this market and I'm not sure that we will be running ADSM
if version 3 isn't available for VM.

All this as I am putting up a fourth server, allocating terabytes of
dasd and tape, and over 4200 clients and climbing....

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University

Greg announced..
Greg announced..
> fyi...IBM today announced ADSM version 3 servers for AIX, NT and MVS. ...

We need ADSM V3 for VM.

Wayne T. Smith               adsm AT adsm.caps.maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator   CAPS - U Maine System