ADSM-L

Q: Changing primary storage backup pool?

2015-10-04 18:04:42
Subject: Q: Changing primary storage backup pool?
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 10/8/97 6:23PM
What you suggest will not work.  You can create the pool, but copypools are
"special animals" and I do not believe they can be "promoted" to be real
storage pools.

What you can do is to create a new pool on the new devices, and place it in
the path for your migration (I am assuming you have a DASD pool - the DASD
pool now migrates to the new tape pool).  Then go in, and set your old tape
pool to migrate to the new tape pool as well.  Then you can adjust the high
and low thresholds of the old tape pool, and have it migrate all of the data
to the new devices.  Obviously, you can use the thresholds to turn on and off
the migration process, so that it only runs at times when you want it to.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    10/8/97 6:23 PM

Hi All,

Currently we have primary backup pools on disk and on tape. The tape
backup pools are on 3480 and 3490 extended length (STK) cartridges.

I would like to consolidate all tape backup to 3490 extended length
cartridges by doing a copy storage pool, and then make this new
copy the primary pool.

My question is, how do I make the new 3490 pool the primary backup
pool?

Alan Cibils
Systems Programmer
American University