ADSM-L

Re: Win95 scheduler

1997-10-08 16:07:46
Subject: Re: Win95 scheduler
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 16:07:46 -0400
Hi Andrea -

We have the same issue and we currently use the same method of having
the scheduler start through startup.
We are looking at alternatives though. Microsoft Plus for 95 has a
feature called service agent which allows you to schedule the
program at a specified time. We are testing this option so that it
launches the schedule 3 hours after no use by the user. It will close
the session
at 9:30AM. Hint - if you want to close the DOS scheduler window and not
be prompted by windows simply go into the conagent.exe program
properties, under "Misc" and uncheck the " warn if still active" box
under the heading "Termination". You can also specify a program to start
at a set time. The problem with that is that you don't really want
thousands of client machines polling the server at one time. OUCH!

Good Luck -
CR
Cris Robinson
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst