ADSM-L

Re: Windows 32-Bit Client and Large drives

1997-10-07 19:30:06
Subject: Re: Windows 32-Bit Client and Large drives
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 18:30:06 -0500
Jeff,

  I have never heard of a recommendation as to a maximum size of a hard
drive on NT.  My server tech quys are looking at 80 Gig mass storage arrays
for our Compaqs.  I have told them that I recommend holding off until we
can get some version 3 tests under our belt.  It seems that a maximum size
of a hard drive is whatever the max. you can restore in a acceptable
window.

Like you state in your note, the number of files is really what is slowing
down your searchs.  The ADSM server is simply generating a very large list
to send down to the client.  I would hope that ADSM v3's file aggregation
may speed up this process.

Dan T.