ADSM-L

bare metal restore with adsm

1997-10-06 14:28:32
Subject: bare metal restore with adsm
From: William Ball <wball AT KENT DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:28:32 -0400
As most of you probably already know and as WE just found out ADSM
leaves some VERY big holes when trying to rebuild a wrecked C drive.
We'd like to find out how others are handling the 'bare metal' restores
at your site.

I've got to believe there are better ways of handling it than running
around finding all the diskettes for windows 95, netscape, and ADSM and
"rebuilding" the C drive then restoring whatever files ADSM happens to
have backed up. How about registery files and files that represent
tailoring the user may have had to do to get the application up the
first time. I can easily see a day or more that might be tied up trying
to rebuild the drive.

Is this typically what everyone is doing or is there a more cookbook
procedure somewhere?

TIA for any info.

--
    Bill Ball