ADSM-L

Re: Tracking off-site or off-line tapes

1997-10-03 15:29:20
Subject: Re: Tracking off-site or off-line tapes
From: Brenda Burns <Brenda_J_Burns AT DLC.DQE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 15:29:20 -0400
I am interested in seeing the scripts.  Could you please attach them again.
Thanks

abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM on 09/30/97 02:33:34 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Brenda J Burns/DLC)

     Tom,
     I am also on AIX, and have written a script based system. It currently
     does the following:
     Backs up the primary tape pool.
     Backs up adsm db.
     Manages offsite tape reclaimation.
     Identifies new tapes to go offsite (including db backups).
     Assigns vault slots.
     Ejects tapes from 3494.
     Produces store listing.
     Identifes tapes to be returned from vault.
     Produces pick list.
     Produces reports of vol history, device config, vault inventory
     (volser and slot orders),
     There are also a number of utility scripts to take care of things like
     reassign vault slots, rebuild vault inventory, checkin new scratch
     tapes, atl private/scratch inventory counts, and probably others that
     don't come to mind right now.
     This is all home grown non rocket science stuff, and I've been using
     them for over a year now.  Cron invoked, they have been doing the job
     nicely for us.

     I posted them as an attachment some time back to the list, but it
     seems some recipients can't view attachments.  I'd be willing to let
     you take a look if interested.
     Al Barth,
     Zurich Kemper Investments