ADSM-L

Re: ADSM with Network Appliance FA Servers

1997-10-02 16:11:20
Subject: Re: ADSM with Network Appliance FA Servers
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 16:11:20 -0400
On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Stiehm, Faye A (SAIC) wrote:

> Is anyone using ADSM to backup FA Servers from Network Appliance.  If
> you are, are you able to exclude the snapshots?

I back ours up as virtualmountpoints on the ADSM server, so the client
runs on the server using the shared memory protocol.  I then exclude the
snapshots.  You wouldn't need virtualmountpoints if you want to run one
instance of dsm to backup the entire directory tree.  I run five dsm's in
parallel for this, whith each instance backing up a different
virtualmountpoint.

This is all accomplished via multiple server entries on dsm.opt and
multiple server stanzas in dsm.sys, each pointing at it's own
exclude-include file.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,