ADSM-L

Lotus Notes Incremental

1997-10-02 15:13:11
Subject: Lotus Notes Incremental
From: Robert Ford <rford01 AT MAIL.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 14:13:11 -0500
I have an AS/400 question.  I know I know its rare but it happens.

Senario:  Doing an incremental backup of Lotus notes on an FSIOP.  I
don't want to back up the whole K drive, just the K:\NOTES\DATA
directory  and all sub directories (files).  Using the DSMC under the
SBMNWSCMD (SBMNWSCMD CMD('DSMC INCR K:\NOTES\DATA\*.* -PASSWORD=@@@@
-SUBDIR=YES') I get this error, ANS4071 Invalid domain entered.  I have
tried several variations of the path statement and the only one that
tried several variations of the path statement and the only one that
works is when I just put K: and leave out the path statement.   If I use
the same command but switch incr with selc I get a full backup of the
files I want.  We want to only do incremental backups through the week.
Can you do this with DSMC K:??? INCR or does ADSM only allow incremental
backups to be performed on drives and not paths.

Thanks for any help,

Robert Ford, CIS III
MSHP

--