ADSM-L

Re: OK, now I'm mad ! (aka Explore)

1997-10-02 09:03:15
Subject: Re: OK, now I'm mad ! (aka Explore)
From: Daniel Whicker <heimdall AT MAIL.UTEXAS DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 08:03:15 -0500
At 07:27 AM 10/02/97 -0500, you wrote:
>     Vent time !
>
>     Why is it that out of the few hundred RS/6000's I have access to, some
>     preloaded with the operating system and only a week or two old, NONE
>     have the "Explore" stuff to read the manuals.  And why is it that the
>     only AcroRead I could find to install under AIX  PUKES when I point it
>     at an adsm manual file ?

These are actually more AIX problems that ADSM.  To answer the first one, I
assume you're talking about Info-Explorer.  you need to install these
packages from the second CD of your install media.  The second problem
probably has to do with using Acrobat reader v2.x.  I had problems reading
the ADSM manuals on my NT box with that... but they read just fine using
v3.x on my Risc.
                                                                        -Daniel
                Daniel Whicker  (heimdall AT mail.utexas DOT edu)