ADSM-L

Anyone using Backup Exec for Exchange?

1997-09-30 15:47:57
Subject: Anyone using Backup Exec for Exchange?
From: Cyndi Wood x7440 <SNOCKW AT VMS.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 15:47:57 -0400
Hi all,

Is anyone using Backup Exec for backing up their Exchange database to ADSM
and using fulls and incrementals? I have been using this product for months
and have been able to successfully restore a full backup of the Exchange
database but if I try to restore a full then an incremental on top of it I
get an error when trying to start the Information Store service.

Is there anyone out there that has successfully used Backup Exec to restore
fulls and incrementals of the Exchange Database using the ADSM module? I've
been talking with Seagate trying to get help but so far they haven't been
able to give me an answer.

BTW, all of these are running on NT V4.0 servers with Exchange V5.0.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cyndi Wood
 Cyndi Wood                      SAS Institute Inc.
 snockw AT vms.sas DOT com              SAS Campus Drive
 VAX Systems Support             E217
 (919)677-8000 x7440             Cary, NC 27513