ADSM-L

Tracking off-site or off-line tapes

1997-09-30 10:30:49
Subject: Tracking off-site or off-line tapes
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:30:49 -0500
Now that I've got more than one tape drive, I've been introduced to the
wonderful world of storage pool copies -- and the next round of
questions have cropped up. How are people tracking tapes that have gone
off-site? We don't have DRM and we don't have anything that resembles a
tape management system (other than ADSM). We are running ADSM on an AIX
server.

So - do I use pencil and paper? A spreadsheet? Yet Another Server
Database? Some other platform database?

If you'll email me, I'll summarize the results to the list.

TIA -

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Advisor
NIBCO, Inc.