ADSM-L

Re: TCP-Tuning on OS/2-Client

1997-09-29 06:11:16
Subject: Re: TCP-Tuning on OS/2-Client
From: "Ulrich Klose - VICTORIA Versicherung AG - Abt. RB3" <devici01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 06:11:16 -0400
Hi,

it doesn't work. MTU is 4400 and XMITBUFSIZE is 8232 (see online manual "TCP/IP
for OS/2 Command Reference", search for
"mtu n"). Our network guy sniffers the communication between the OS/2-client
and the MVS-server. During TCP-initialization the
OS/2-client says the server "512 byte is my MAXTCPFRAMESIZE". I guess 512 byte
the minimum / default setting for this
parameter. Any idea ???

Ulrich