ADSM-L

FULL Backups

1997-09-26 16:44:38
Subject: FULL Backups
From: "Mauer, Scott" <SWMauer AT INTERRAFIN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 15:44:38 -0500
HELP !,ADSM and myself are about to be sacrificed to the storage
gods.... A bigtime user needed a restore this morning that fell through
my version limit crack (30). Is there a way to schedule a full system
backup. I know I can rename the file spaces and force a full.  I realize
the theory of this product is you dont need a full any more just use the
incremental.   We've been working on using Archive to pull off a point
in time, but have found it to be a pain to have to identify which files
to archive. I want to be able to say archive the box (UNIX/RS6000) With
archive we have also ran into permission problems. If were running from
root it only backs up the files that are owned by root, or it only
archives the owner thats running it.

We also are preparing for an Offsite Disaster Recovery Test. Because I
don't have a point in time to deal with, I will need my entire offsite
storage list because I cant split the carts off by node and with the
incremental theory some of the active files can be stored on offsties
created months ago, if they didn't fall in the reclamation process.

SOS

Scott

SWM AT interafin DOT com