ADSM-L

NT Registry Restore

1997-09-25 16:39:11
Subject: NT Registry Restore
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 16:39:11 EDT
Another NT question and a comment about deleting and reinstalling ADSM
as a system service....

Does anyone know if it's possible to restore an 'inactive' version
of the registry? Just ran into that today - selecting 'active and
inactive' apparently has no bearing on the registry. I would think
that it would be nice to get an older copy of the registry, as
in this case it was not noticed that it was bad until the backup
had occurred.

As far the system service goes - on level .5 for NT, we find that
it's almost *required* to go into the registry and delete the ADSM
entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\... so if you're
still unsuccessful at re-installing using the ADSM service installer,
try cutting the source via regedit or regedt32...

Gretchen L. Thiele
Princeton University