ADSM-L

Re: Exchange agent for ADSM

1997-09-18 08:10:17
Subject: Re: Exchange agent for ADSM
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 07:10:17 -0500
Rene,

  IBM has announced an intention to offer both MS Exchange,. MS SQL and
Lotus Notes for NT ConnectAgents for the NT platform.  However, to my
knowledge they have not provided a hard GA date.  It seems that it may be
available near 10/31 just like V3.  This date is an inference on my part
and not a specific statement from any IBM personnel.  Our IBM rep was only
able to get an answer of "Very Soon".

However, you can use Seagate's Backup Exec product with its ADSM module in
the interim.  Backup Exec with this module will write to your ADSM server
as a virtual tape autoloader.  This will provide you with the opportunity
to at least avoid having to buy local tape hardware for your boxes.
Depending on your implementation date you may get by with waiting.  Maybe
you can get you IBM rep to investigate for you.

Good luck,
  Dan T.

ps.  We implemented Backup Exec as did several others on the forum.  If you
decide to and want to discuss it, just send me an email directly.