ADSM-L

AW: A request

1997-09-16 14:22:05
Subject: AW: A request
From: "Bartl, Michael" <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 19:22:05 +0100
It's really a curiosity, how a simple request to save bandwith can
produce such a lot of traffic...

When replying to part of a message, will there anybody be angry when A
FEW LINES get repeated? No!
That's what quoting is for. And I think we all are able to decide
whether it makes sense to repeat part of the original message in quotes
or not.
On the other hand, I fully agree with your request, when I see messages
that include whole threads. It simply is not necessary to create this
kind of redundant data, even when diskspace and transmission speed
aren't arguments today. Just try to grep into old archives for certain
keywords. You'll find most lines printed in original and with a random
count of leading quotes.

Regards,
Michael
--