ADSM-L

A request

1997-09-15 10:48:04
Subject: A request
From: "Moir,Elizabeth" <Betsy.Moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:48:04 -0500
To: OAS     --LMS1

FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  betsy.moir AT abbott DOT com

I don't want to start a religious war here, but I'm of the exact opposite
opinion.  I prefer having the original question tacked onto the answer.  Too
often it would be difficult to impossible to tell what the answer is referring
to if it weren't with the original note.  I've learned a great deal from
the list and been helped on several occasions, but not everybody has the time
to be as thorough in their explanations as would be required without the
attachment, nor do I have the time or inclination to do a lot of complicated
record keeping with my mail.

Just my feelings on the matter.  I'd hate to see the attachments go.

Betsy
*** Forwarding note from OWNERAD1--INTERNET 97/09/14 20:53 ***

TO:         NOREPLY  INTERNET  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
FROM:       OWNERAD1 INTERNET  owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
DATE:       09/14/97 20:53
SUBJECT:    A request
I've noticed lately that quite a few notes to the ADSM list also include
the text from the note being answered.  In some cases, its getting out of
hand.  A note posted to the list yesterday contained over 500 lines, most
of which were the text of the previous notes already posted to the list.
I realize some e-mail software does this automatically.  However, I'm
requesting that you either turn this feature off, or have the courtesy
of deleting the text before you send the note.  I'm sure everyone on the
list will be grateful to you for taking the trouble.  Thanks.

Martha McConaghy - ADSM-L list owner