ADSM-L

show volumeusage command

2015-10-04 18:05:24
Subject: show volumeusage command
From: Trevor Foley[SMTP:Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,

I know that the show volumeusage command is unsupported, but I am
trying to
use it to check that for a given tape volume, there is data from one
and
only one node stored on it. I need to do this because we are about to
split
our ADSM server into two servers, and I need to ensure that the
cartridges
that we remove from one server don't contain data for nodes that are
remaining in that server. We have collocation enabled on all storage
pools
but ADSM under some circumstances will put data from multiple nodes
onto
one tape.

There are two problems that I have with show volumeusage. First, it
only
seems to show a single node having data on a given cartridge, even
when I
know that the cartridge contains data from multiple nodes (confirmed
by
query content). And second, it only shows tape containing backup data,
not
archive data.

Does anybody have any suggestions on either how to get show
volumeusage to
work, or suggest another way for me to do what I want?

thanks,

Trevor