ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:05:24
Thanks Andy.  We have the trace options in the client options file, but are
invoking the backup from the command prompt (DSMC>).

We have had other traces work OK when invoking backups via the command
prompt...just not with the INSTR_CLIENT_DETAIL flag.

I just found a recent APAR (IC18630) that states:
"INSTR_CLIENT_DETAIL trace is only triggered from adsm commandline command for
backup, restore, archive, retrieve - will be empty if traced from loop mode or
from schedule"

Does this mean that we must load DSMC first and then issue a trace
command or will the method you described work also?

Thanks again!
Mike Martin
Baptist Health System of East Tennessee
mmartin AT bhset DOT org