ADSM-L

Re: backing up files > 2 GB in HP-UX 10.20 ??

1997-09-10 08:28:13
Subject: Re: backing up files > 2 GB in HP-UX 10.20 ??
From: Hans Pfleger <Hans.Pfleger AT WU-WIEN.AC DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:28:13 +0200
At 14:29 10.09.97 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello !
>
>I am backing up files > 2 GB in HP-UX 10.20, with dsmc Version 2, Release
>1, Level 0.6. AND I GET ANS4090E ???

The answer is: rtfm or in better words, take a look at the README-File. You will find following statement:

INSTALLATION

o System
~~~~~~
This package runs on the HP/UX Operating System Version
10.01. Version 10.10 and HP/UX 10.20 are also supported,
but without the new Operating System features, like

file system sizes larger than 2 GByte and file sizes

larger than 2 GByte. Also the VERITAS file system is

not supported.

o SPACE REQUIREMENTS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The amount of disk space required for the HP/UX Unix
Client is approximately 15.0 MB.

All right?

++hp

>The smaller file size 1.4 GB I can backup no probs,
>
>Where is the file limit ???
>
> Matti Harvala
> Unix System Manager (Salo IT/Computing Services)
>
> Nokia Mobile Phones Phone: +358 (0)10 505 2254
> P.O. Box 86 Fax: +358 (0)10 505 2899
> 24101 SALO FINLAND Mobile: +358 (0)40 556 5931
> E-mail: matti.harvala AT nmp.nokia DOT com

Hans Pfleger pfleger AT wu-wien.ac DOT at
WU-Wien, Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste ZID
Abteilung zentrale Infrastruktur azi Tel. ++43 1 31336/4105
University Of Economics And Business Administration Vienna, Austria
AIX, AFS and ADSM Administrator
"Black holes are where GOD is dividing by zero"