ADSM-L

Copy Storage Pool Question

1997-09-09 15:02:28
Subject: Copy Storage Pool Question
From: Cyndi Wood x7440 <SNOCKW AT VMS.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 15:02:28 -0400
Hello All,

I am running ADMS Server V2 Rel 1 on an NT machine using a DLT4700 tape
library. I have been performing backups of my storage pool to a copy pool
on a weekly basis. I am encountering a strange problem where each week
when I backup my tape pool that it consistantly askes for this one tape,
even though the tape hasn't been written to since March. It's long since
copied that information to the copy pool. The activity log always has this
message in it after it mounts the tape:

ANR9999D asrtrv.c(494): End reached prematurely on volume DSM001.

At this point it mounts up the next tape it needs. This is a pain because
I always have to make sure that tape is in the library before the backup
of the tape storage pool occurs. Anyone else seen this?

Cyndi Wood

 Cyndi Wood                      SAS Institute Inc.
 snockw AT vms.sas DOT com              SAS Campus Drive
 VAX Systems Support             E217
 (919)677-8000 x7440             Cary, NC 27513