ADSM-L

Re: 'Skipping Invalid filename...'

1997-09-09 16:38:47
Subject: Re: 'Skipping Invalid filename...'
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 15:38:47 -0500
Joelle,

  You seem to have 2 problems (as you probably already know).  The second I
see quite commonly.  The cache/history files used by web browsers commonly
generate filenames that ADSM cannot handle.  The only solution is to delete
these files when you see them.

The problem you seem to have with the files with invalid filenames seems
valid.  The files in your error messages below seem to use some special
characters that I did not believe were valid.  I have experienced problems
where even the NT explorer and NT command line reported different levels of
success with oddly named files.

I do not know if IBM is addressing these issues in the next fix/version.

Good luck,
  Dan T.