ADSM-L

Problems with WinNT...

1997-09-05 15:00:05
Subject: Problems with WinNT...
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 15:00:05 EDT
I'm still unable to make the now privileged 32-bit client back up
the registry on the way to performing an incremental backup on
demand. The readme says the following:

*Be aware, however, that in order to backup/restore NTFS files
*the account MUST posses the following User Rights:
*
*      - SeBackupName   (Backup Files)
*      - SeRestoreName  (Restore Files)
*      - SeSecurityName (Manage Auditing and Security Logs)
*
*Attempting to backup/restore NTFS files or the NT Registry without
*these privileges will cause Access Denied error message to be displayed.

I still get 'ANS7643E An error occurred saving the registry key'
followed by 'ANS7641E Registry Backup failed' and finally,
'Active object not found.'

I'm still at level 0.5 (and the readme is from level 0.5), but I
suspect I'll still have the problem if I upgrade the client to 0.6.

Does anyone know what I still need, without giving away admin rights?
Thanks!

Gretchen L. Thiele
Systems Programmer
Princeton University CIT