ADSM-L

Re: pager-email

1997-09-05 13:13:32
Subject: Re: pager-email
From: "Frank M. Ramaekers Jr." <framaeke AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:13:32 -0500
At 11:03 AM 9/5/97 -0500, you wrote:

>We use sendpage7a here on an AIX 4.1.5.  I just modified the sendmail
>rules so anything coming in with a specific domain (I just used an MX
>record for the machine) would run the sendpage program, then just defined
>the userids in the sendpage.cf file to point to the pager numbers.  You
>can run sendpage with flags that will strip out signatures and also send
>the subjects or not and return mail too long.  The only problems I had
>with sendpage was figuring out the modem init string (we had an old 14.4
>modem laying around) to use that actually worked.  Also the documentation
>on the program is a little lacking, but then again it is free.  So far we
>have been running it about 2 months and haven't had a single problem.
>
>This doesn't do exactly what you want but creates a "sudo" email account
>for each pager you define in the config file.  If you really just want to
>check a single account, you might consider just using a simple pop program
>that would check every few minutes for new mail, then just parse anything
>it returns to a alphanumeric pager program like sendpage or even kermit.

That sounds great!   I just don't have the time to convert the sendpage7a,
that I have, for AIX.
Are ya willing to share your modified version?

Thanks in advance,
Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.  Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7619
Systems Programmer      5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.    Fax:   (512)483-7664
Information Services    Austin, Texas  78752-4390