ADSM-L

Re: archive/retrieve

1997-09-05 09:23:28
Subject: Re: archive/retrieve
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 13:23:28 GMT
(Thu, 4 Sep 1997 14:00:15 -0400)

>> Is there a way to search an archived file (for example by pattern matching
>> expression) across all registered nodes ?

The easier way I see, is dumping the volume contents and search it there.
Something like:

--------- cut here -----------
   grep <archive pool> | cut -f1 -d" "`
do
   echo $i
   echo -----------
   echo
done
Then, depending on the size of the database, number ov volumes and cpu, Then,
depending on the size of the database, number ov volumes and cpu, take
a coffee. Or lunch...

This will list the node where the file was archived from. Except in the case
of long dir names spanning lines.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,