ADSM-L

ADSM System Growth

1997-09-04 17:32:21
Subject: ADSM System Growth
From: Chris Gilmore <cgilmore AT FORSYTHE.STANFORD DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 14:32:21 PDT
ADSMer's

Here's a general question regarding ADSM server growth:

We're getting ready to expand our ADSM system to meet future growth
needs and are considering what options are available.  Currently, we
have ADSM running on one RS/6000 which is connected to a 3494 tape
library.  The 3494 already has one extra frame.  We are going to
purchase another RS/6000 to set up as a separate ADSM server.  The
question is, should we continue to add additional frames to the 3494
and use it with both RS/6000s?  Or, would it be better to purchase
an additional 3494 and run each server as a separate RS/6000/3494
combination?

Thanks for your input,

Chris Gilmore
Stanford University