ADSM-L

ADSM errors on NT platforms

1997-09-03 09:20:18
Subject: ADSM errors on NT platforms
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 09:20:18 EDT
This is going to be a BIG problem for us - we'd like to have our users
(who are *not* admins on their machines) be able to invoke the backup
whenever they feel it is necessary. I don't think administrator authority
in the NT environment should be required for this. The error that is
received when a general usertries to either backup or restore refers to
a registry key error - this usually gets the telephone going!

Without our users able to initiate backups or restores in this fashion,
ADSM will lose favor in our environment as our users find an alternative
that *will* allow them to get the job done. Any suggestions other than
granting admin authority to each user (NOT an option)?

Gretchen L. Thiele
Systems Programmer
Princeton University CIT
87 Prospect Ave.