ADSM-L

Re: Netware bindary

1997-09-02 07:54:45
Subject: Re: Netware bindary
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 13:54:45 +0200
Hi Rafael,

> Hi ADSMers!
>
> 1) A customer asked me if ADSM saves the Netware 3.12 bindary files.  The
> doubt is that these files are in use during the backup.  How is this done?
> Is this different in version 4.11 of Netware?

Yes, it does - if you look at a backup done on the client you will see
that the bindery is the first thing to get backed up during incr.
backups. That is why you have to give it a netware user id with
admin rights - to login to the server and backup the registry.
4.11 has not got a bindery but NDS - which I believe ADSM
also backs up - but have not tested a restore yet.

> 2) How can a backup to tape storage be completely automated if the system
> asks for a confirmation of the tape being mounted?  When a backup to tape
> starts, the system asks for a confirmation that a tape is mounted, ok? If
> there's nobody there, but the tape is mounted, can it be automated?

You have a option in the dsm.opt called tapep no (tape prompt no) -
If this option is set to no adsm will just go ahead and request a tape
mount and give a message on the client saying waiting for off-line media
(or something close to that). The default is yes and it will come up
with the reply in the middle of the night...

Enjoy!

Christo Heuer
Johannesburg
South Africa