ADSM-L

AW: Multiple Concurrent restore processes to NT?

1997-08-27 03:33:07
Subject: AW: Multiple Concurrent restore processes to NT?
From: "Bartl, Michael" <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 08:33:07 +0100
Daniel,
in IBMs ADSM course "Planning and Implementation" they suggested to use
different nodenames for different parts of the server. With collocation
on, you can restore in one session per nodename and you won't have
collisions in tape management.
I didn't try, so I don't know whether the rebuild of the directory
structure leads to problems, but I think it could be an alternative.

Regards,
Michael
--
Michael H. Bartl