ADSM-L

ADSM Creating a repair partition on removable media (NT 4.0)

1997-08-26 08:39:22
Subject: ADSM Creating a repair partition on removable media (NT 4.0)
From: Heinz-Joachim Staerke <staerke AT EDV.MPI-STUTTGART.MPG DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 14:39:22 +0200
Hello,

I am trying to get the procedure working which is described in the IBM
READBOOKS. "WINDOWS NT RECOVERY WITH ADSM". They explain in detail how to
configure a repair partition on a IOMEGA ZIP drive to get this running when the
main NT partition is lost. Via this repair partition the ADSM client is started
and the original partition is restored.  It sounds good, but I do not know how
to install a NT40 system on a 100 Mbyte IOMEGA ZIP partition. The installation
of NT40 aborts with the message that the partition must be at least 127 MByte.
The procedure in the REDBOOKS looks as if somebody had really done this. Does
anybody know how to handle this ??

Regards

Heinz-Joachim Staerke
MAX-PLANCK INSTITUTE STUTTGART