ADSM-L

Data restore after a disk crash.

1997-08-25 18:13:33
Subject: Data restore after a disk crash.
From: Wilson Steve <SteveW AT DIS.WA DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 15:13:33 -0700
Has anyone seen this before ???

        I have a SUN Solaris 2.51 client using the adsm client version
sol.v2r1m6.IP20999.pkg.   This machine had a disk
failure and the disk was replaced.    However the disk that was replaced
was not the same size disk as the original.   The old disk was 2.5GB and
it was replaced by a 4.0GB drive.     There were two file systems ( user
data ) on this disk which were using 80% of the 2.5GB drive.

        Now for the strange part:    When we try to restore the data to
the new disk drive in a 3GB partition we run out of space!!!

The users are getting very impatient about getting their data back.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED !!!

        The data was compressed at the client before being written to
        The data was compressed at the client before being written to
the AIX server.
        There is no HSM on this client.
        The data is being restored using the -todate, -latest and
-inactive options.